If you’re looking for a culinary delight then you’ll definitely want to try your hand at this roasted hazelnut and truffle soup! A combination of creamy soup and crunchy hazelnut makes a perfect combo for your dish.
Preparation time:15 minutes | Cooking time:25 minutes | Total time:40 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 3 echalion shallots, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 celeriac, peeled and diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme leaves
- 1-liter vegetable stock
- 100g blanched hazelnuts, toasted (see Cook’s Tip)
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- ½ lemon
- Truffle oil for drizzling
- Get a saucepan then heat the oil and butter over low heat. Place the shallots and celery until softened. Put the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped celeriac, potato, bay leaf, and thyme. Pour over the stock and bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Take out the bay leaf. Add about three-quarters of the hazelnuts. Chop and set aside the remaining nuts.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth and then stir in the crème fraîche and blend again.
- Add a squeeze of lemon, then ladle into bowls. Scatter the reserved hazelnuts and drizzle with the truffle oil.