Hazelnuts and Cocoa are partners in crime. They can make a superb twist to your banana bread. If you haven’t tried hazelnuts baked into your traditional slices of bread, then here’s your sign! Hazelnut banana bread is an excellent twist on classic banana bread.
Let’s dive in!
Prep Time:10 minutes | Cook Time:50 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 (6 ounces) container fat-free Greek yogurt, plain
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8½ × 4½-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- Get a large mixing bowl then combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, brown sugar, chocolate hazelnut spread, mashed bananas, and oil in a separate bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, add banana mixture to flour mixture; stir until well mixed. Then, spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top evenly with hazelnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick or knife inserted near the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing. Store the bread tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or foil or a sealed container on the counter overnight.