Polenta porridge with hazelnuts and banana is a great way to mix up your breakfast routine! If you don’t have 45 minutes to make breakfast, that’s ok. It makes for a great meal prep dish!
If you’ve never tried polenta this is a great starter recipe. It’s an Italian porridge that has a low-fat content and high in complex carbs.
This polenta porridge with hazelnuts and banana is easy to make, nutritious, and extremely tasty! The flavors combine perfectly into a delicious bowl of amazing goodness. You can also substitute the banana with other berries or fruits of your choice.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 40 min | Serves: 4
2 cups of water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup coarse stone-ground polenta
3 tablespoons honey, divided
3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 banana for topping (blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, and blackberries are also good choices)
½ cup of natural roasted hazelnuts
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Stir in the salt and slowly whisk in the polenta. Keep stirring so that no clumps form.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for at least 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the polenta begins to pull away from the sides as you stir, then you know it is done.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 3/4 cup of yogurt, cinnamon, and the vanilla.
- Top with remaining honey, sliced banana (or berries of choice), and natural roasted hazelnuts.