- 1 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 2 Tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon diary-free mini chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Add 1 cup of hazelnuts into a food processor and process until hazelnuts are chopped into small pieces. If you don’t have a food processor you can put the hazelnuts in a zip lock bag and smash until they’re in small pieces.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, sea salt, and chocolate (if you’re using it) into the processor and pulse a few more times, until the ingredients start to stick together. If you don’t have a processor then mix together in a bowl as best as you can.
- *If the mixture seems too dry, add a little water. 1 teaspoon at a time until the mixture holds together well enough to be formed into balls. Be sure not to add too much water.
- Roll mixture into bite-size balls and put one whole hazelnut into the center of each, forming the ball around it.
- Chop, process, or smash the remaining 1/2 cup of hazelnuts into tiny pieces.
- Roll each ball in the mixture to coat the outside.
- Store the remaining bites in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 29mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg