Are you out of ideas for dinner? Here’s a quick recipe then! Try this crunchy hazel-crusted halibut that goes well with roasted asparagus.
Preparation time:10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 mins | Total time:30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets, skinned
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the butter and 1 teaspoon oil. Brush fish fillets with egg white, then sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Using nuts, coat the top of the fish, then place the side of the fish with nuts down in the pan. Cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn fish over; cook for 4 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness.
- Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic, and asparagus. Get a jelly-roll pan and coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and thyme.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve with fish and lemon wedges.