Looking for a healthy and tasty alternative to your usual lunchtime routine? Give this Hazelnut Asian Lettuce Wrap recipe a try! The combination of flavors is sure to please, and the wraps are easy to prepare and pack. So why not give them a go today?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1¼ lb turkey, ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic, fresh, minced
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup hoisen sauce
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed if you like, coarsely chopped, divided
- 4 cups (8 ounces) coleslaw mix, cabbage, and carrot blend
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 heads romaine leaves, washed, trimmed
- Get a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and garlic. Saute for 8-10mins until cooked through, then drain and set aside.
- Puree orange juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar, and ⅓ cup of hazelnuts in a blender until blended.
- Pour sauce over turkey and add coleslaw, green onions, cilantro, and remaining hazelnuts. Mix until blended. Spoon on romaine leaves.
- Ready to serve!