Brownies with hazelnuts are some of the best! Here’s a fun St. Patrick’s Day twist on the typical hazelnut brownie.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 45 | Servings: 9 bars
- 1/2 cup Guinness Stout
- 6 ounces Dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted hazelnuts
GUINNESS BROWNIES WITH HAZELNUTS: INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the Guinness into a pot and bring it to a boil and allow it to reduce by half. This should take about 5 minutes. Then let it cool completely.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate and butter until the butter. Approximately 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add in the cooled beer, sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the chocolate and butter and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda. Make sure there are no bubbles and the batter is nice and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the brownies. If it comes out clean then your Guinness brownies with hazelnuts are done!