This is not just simple oatmeal. It’s like having a cozy healthy dessert breakfast to kick off the start of your day.
Preparation time:30 min | Cooking time:15 min | Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 2 fully-ripened large bananas (1 1/2 diced and 1/2 thinly sliced crosswise)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Get a large saucepan and place the almond milk, 1 3/4 cups water, the diced bananas, almond and vanilla extracts, and a pinch of salt. Let it boil.
- Stir in the oats, cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon of honey and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook and stir frequently until the oats are fully cooked to desired consistency for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Get 4 bowls and top with the sliced bananas, walnuts, 1 tablespoon honey, cinnamon, and chocolate chips, then serve.